About our authors….
Bruce Mewhinney (member ”admin”):
Web Producer, Art Director, Editor, with creative-management and content-development experience in online services, Internet, and national magazines. Combination of high-end editorial, graphic design, and technical production. Strong knowledge of computer industry, Internet publishing, and online marketing. Seeking partners for “DIOSA” Web portal spanning .com, .net, .org, .tv domains. [DIOSA = "goddess" in Spanish]
– Chief Creative Officer
Elymedia, LLC; 2004 – 2011
Marketing and Advertising industry
> Web Production & Technical Consultation for ELYMEDIA.COM, a media-planning and media-buying agency specialized in list-brokerage, opt-in email broadcast, and online customer acquisition for high-tech corporations.
– Senior Web Producer
ELLIE MAE; 1999 – 2002
Computer Software industry
> Web Production for ELLIEMAE.com – “Electronic Mortgage Affiliates”, the leading B2B mortgage-industry website; creative, editorial, and technical production of internal and external client websites; extensive prototyping, content development, and project management.
– Webmaster, Editor, Art Director
[CONTRACTS - multiple] (Self-employed)
1997 – 1999
– Webmaster, Western/Pacific Literacy Network (U.S. National Institute for Literacy), literacynet.org — Internet hub for adult literacy among eighteen states in western U.S.A. & Pacific islands.
– Editor and Art Director of “Living In Paradise,” color newsletter (and Internet domain) covering international real estate, travel, investment, retirement planning. Supervised editorial planning in startup phase, designed all graphics: trademarked logo, typography, illustrations/maps, page layout, color photos. Managed writers, artists, and photographers, pre-press output of film for newsletter and related reports. Consulted with Publisher and contributed to design and content of company website.
– Technical writer and Internet training/documentation designer, Charles Schwab & Co., Electronic Brokerage Services;
– Book designer & Editor for the Alliance of Women Artists;
– Online Technical Manager
Preview Travel [now part of Travelocity]; 1995 – 1996
> Technical Management for Preview Travel, San Francisco, a national travel-marketing company (America Online and Internet); managed publishing and quality control of editorial, marketing, and graphics content, also networked computers and database design/training.
– Publisher & Content Manager
Apple Computer (eWorld); 1994 – 1995
Consumer Electronics industry
> Under contract with Apple Online Services (Apple Computer – eWorld); managed creative design, technical administration, production of all editorial and multimedia content for special-interest forum.
> Designed and produced interactive multimedia “brochure” featured by Apple Computer in the official “Apple Media Tool” developer CD-ROM.
– Associate Editor & Database Manager
Ziff-Davis Publishing – MacUser; 1990 – 1993
> Associate Editor for MacUser Magazine (Ziff-Davis Publishing), the national monthly for business users of Macintosh computers [now part of MacWorld Magazine]. Responsibilities included: design and editorial management of networked vendor/product database systems used for staff research, for Buyers Guide issues, and for distribution on CompuServe, AppleLink, Prodigy; assignment/editing of technical articles covering industry trends, networking, computer hardware/software for professional environments; extensive contact with public-relations representatives, manufacturers, advertisers, freelance writers, graphic designers; also market-research reports for Sales & Marketing Departments.
Editorial Layout Manager
Computer Currents Magazine [now Computer User];
1988 – 1990
– Editorial Layout Manager for Computer Currents Magazine, Emeryville, CA.
> Production and copy-editing of all camera-ready editorial pages: article text, display typography, graphics, design and production of 4-color cover art (Adobe Illustrator) for editions in San Francisco Bay area, Los Angeles, and Boston.
– Electronic Publishing Specialist
MicroPrint-KrishnaCopy Centers; 1987 – 1988
> Electronic Publishing with MicroPrint-KrishnaCopy Centers, a pioneer in desktop-publishing technology. Co-founded new location in San Francisco financial district, offering full-service and self-service typesetting, illustration, high-resolution graphics scanning, and page layout. Managed scanners, printers, Linotronic imagesetters, modems, Mac/PC operating systems, typeface libraries, all software, peripherals. Heavy public contact, technical support, training & consultation, troubleshooting of customer projects.
– Antioch College (MBWA), 1967 – 1971
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Matthew Walker (member “matthewwalker”):
– Author and photographer (under pen-name) of 192-page, color hardcover book WELCOME ABOARD published in 1998.
– Author and Photographer [various magazine and book publishers]; 1979 – 1986
> Freelance writing/photography for SAIL, Yachting, WoodenBoat, SEA, Darkroom Photography, other publications and advertising clients.
> Under contract with Chronicle Books, San Francisco, wrote (under pen-name) and illustrated DOWN BELOW: Aboard The World’s Classic Yachts; this color photographic book was a Main Selection of Dolphin Book Club (Book-of-the-Month Club).
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – -